The heat from Finnish Saunas is more intense causing the body to perspire almost immediately. At Thermae, it is our pleasure to offer traditional “aufugss” (infusion) of oils onto the hot stones in the Finnish Sauna. The sauna fills with steam and scents like eucalyptus, birch, and fresh orange to leave your body feeling awaken and refreshed. If you are feeling under the weather, and maybe a bit congested, we can apply more specific oils that have been shown to help clear breathing passageways and assist with the immune system. The experience is broken down into two 15-25 minute sessions with a one minute cool-down shower in between. This hot-cold therapy is wonderful to boost your immune system and calm muscle pain.
Some of the most common benefits of Finnish Saunas are:
- Improved Blood Circulation
- Finnish Saunas will help to increase the rate of blood circulation in the body
- Weight Loss
- Similar to mild exercise, Finnish Sauna treatments can burn about 300 calories per session
- Skin Cleansing
- The sauna induced sweat mixed with a cold shower in between will cleanse skin and leave you with immediate noticeable effects
- Body Relaxation
- The heat and humidity of Finnish Saunas will help to alleviate pain in your body and relax your tired muscles.
Retreat Memberships | Thermae Retreat Membership Options:
Thermae Memberships offer superior wellness benefits that facilitate consistent and exceptional care of your mind, body, and spirit – find your still point at Thermae.
Find more details about Thermae Retreat Memberships here